Wow! The kinders were SO focused and ready to learn today!
We started our day with a sight word practice sheet. Students read different sight words and colored them according to the sight word key. We then moved on to our writing target for the day: I can write my opinion about a topic or book. At the reading rug, we talked about ALL the things we did on our field trip (kiddos who weren't able to attend the trip, focused on their favorite thing to do in snow). We then shared all our ideas saying, "I liked _______ because _______." After sharing all our ideas, the kinders went back to their seats to write their opinion paper. They did an amazing job! I wish I had a video of them sounding out words and writing what they hear! So great!!! After writing, we had in door recess (which the kinders actually love). We then moved on to math, where the kiddos worked on the target: I can compare the weight of two objects. I actually created a "write the room" activity to assess whether or not they could independently meet this target. Every kiddo worked very hard and I was so proud of them! Lastly, we did our calendar routine. We focused on place value.
Important Information:
1. Homework folders came home today (12-19). Please note, there is only a math page (due Wednesday) and reading for this week.
2. Take Home Books were exchanged today (12-19).
3. Winter Break starts on 12-22 and goes until 1-2. School resumes on 1-3.
4. We have been working hard on our sight words during reading groups; however, the students need even more practice. Below is a list of the words we've introduced so far. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO PRACTICE READING AND WRITING THESE WORDS!
I
|
of
|
can
|
in
|
we
|
that
|
the
|
it
|
like
|
on
|
a
| |
see
| |
go
| |
to
| |
have
|
