We had a wonderful day!
Our Targets today were:
Target #1: I can write the numbers 7 and 8.
Target #2: I can solve problems.
Target #3: I can make groups of 5, 6, and 7.
Our day started by assigning our Target Experts and doing our Happy Camper interview. We then transitioned to math, where we worked on making groups and writing the numbers 7 and 8 (Target #1 and Target #3). After math, we did our normal calendar routine, focusing on solving different graph problems (Target #2). After a cold, but fun recess outside, we came back in for reading groups. During reading groups, we worked on the letter Mm sound /m/, reading, writing the number 8, handwriting, and listening (Have Fun Molly Lou Mellon). We ended our time with Daily News and a Royal Reader in our am class.
Thanks to all the dads and special friends who joined us for doughnuts this morning. The kiddos always love showing off their school and classroom!
Important Information:
1. Homework folders are due tomorrow.
2. Take Home Books were exchanged today.
3. We have music, library, and P.E. tomorrow. Please remind your child to wear good running shoes.
4. There is no school next Friday (October 14, 2016).
5. If you haven't yet, please return the pink kindergarten conference form.
6. Elementary Conferences are October 19, 20, and 21. October 19th is a half day for 1-5th grades; however, our kindergarten schedule does not change (AM K = 9:10-11:45am & PM K = 12:45-3:20pm).
7. If you can join us for the ALL DAY field trip on December 8th, please let me know. If you need more information, please see the More Info for Dec. Trip email I sent out on September 28th. Again, we cannot go unless I have one adult for every two kiddos! :)
