Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tuesday Update

Happy first snow of the year! :)
We started our day with a math lesson. The students identified different flat shapes and then graphed the information. Then, we did our calendar and Daily News routine. We then transitioned to a Thanksgiving activity that started with us reading Bear Says Thanks. The students talked about what they were thankful for and how we can bless others on Thanksgiving and every other day. I was absolutely amazed at how thoughtful and thankful your kiddos are. After our discussion, the kinders got to go outside for a fun, snowy recess. When we came back inside, the kiddos made turkey hats! :) 

Important Information:
1. Make up conferences are tomorrow. If you haven't yet done so, please email me and let me know if you can make your assigned time. Because the conferences are only ten minutes, I wanted to give you an idea of how they will go.
- I'll go over the report card and how to read it.
- I'll go over your child's progress on their magic five and a few other content areas.
- We'll end our time together with questions, concerns, etc.
2. Kinders have a normal day tomorrow, even though the rest of the school (1-6) have a half day. AM kinders go from 9:10-11:45 and PM kinders go from 12:45-3:20.
3. NO SCHOOL THURSDAY (11/26) AND FRIDAY (11/27) FOR THANKSGIVING BREAK.
4. Please fill out and return the half sheet (goldenrod colored) volunteer/acknowledgment form. Even if you can't volunteer, I need you to mark "NO" and that you understand the field trip is all day AND return it to school. 
5. PLEASE SEND YOUR CHILD IN LONG PANTS, COATS, GLOVES, BOOTS, AND HATS. It's very cold outside and we will continue to go outside, even as the snow comes.