Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Wednesday News

We had a great day!

The students started their day solving different patterns. We then went to the carpet and reviewed A Bad Case of Stripes and talked about what Camilla Cream loved more than anything - lima beans! 
We then tasted lima beans and the students needed to write their opinion of the beans. Did they like the lima beans OR did they NOT like the lima beans? In addition, they needed to give me a reason for their opinion. I found it quite funny that between 15-17 kiddos LOVED the beans and just a few did not. :) I may have just given you a dinner idea! ;) After writing, we went out for recess. It is getting very cold, so please send your child with a coat, gloves, and/or hat. Once recess was over, we did our reading groups; where the kiddos worked on sight words, sounds, writing their names, handwriting, and listening (The Mitten). After groups, I reviewed the shapes we've learned about and then introduced the hexagon and circle. Lastly, we did our calendar and daily news routine. 

Important Information:
1. Take Home Books are due tomorrow!

2. Homework folders are due FRIDAY (11-18).

3. No school next Thursday and Friday! Happy Thanksgiving!

4. Please check out the PTO website for more upcoming information/dates!

5. I will be sending you an email if I have you down as a field trip volunteer. If you don't receive an email tonight and would like to come, please let me know! Truly, the more volunteers, the better!