We had a wonderful Tuesday together!
We started our day with a math fluency practice. We then transitioned to reading groups (whole group reading for the pm class). During reading time, we worked on the /n/ sound, segmenting sounds, reading, our ABC book (Nn page), and listening (Where, Oh Where, Is Santa Claus?). We then went outside for a chilly recess. Our AM class even saw some snow fall. :) After recess, we did our calendar and Daily News. Our Daily News question is, "Where can you go?" We then transitioned to math, where we weighed different objects on the balance/scale. We focused on the terms, lighter and heavier. Finally, we did another mini lesson on informational writing. After reviewing that informational writing is non-fiction and provides facts to the reader, we talked about how to ride a city bus. We set up and titled our informational writing City Bus. The students can now completely set up their papers independently. You can ask them, "What do you do when Mrs. Snider gives you a blank writing paper?" They will respond, "I first write my name and then of course I write the date. Then I fold it, open it, find the middle. Then I write my title, author." I will try and take a video so you can see it also. It's pretty great! :)
Important Information:
1. We are going to have a very simple party on Thursday (12/17). It will be four (possibly five) rotations. If you'd like to join us, please feel free! The party will be from 10:30-11:30am and from 2:05-3:05pm.
2. We are having a movie, popcorn, and PJ day on Friday (12/18). We will be watching The Muppet Christmas Carol (rated G).
3. Christmas break is December 21 - January 1. School resumes on January 4, 2016! :)
